The Five Questions About Life
Christian Answers Compared To the Atheist Answers
Who am I?
- Christian: I am a person, created in God’s image, to worship and bring glory to Him.
- Atheist: Slime, billiard balls bouncing in the universe
What is the meaning of life?
- Christian: To learn about God and His creation, to worship God and bring glory to Him.
- Atheist: No purpose at all, eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.
Where did I come from, where am I going?
- Christian: We came from dirt, created in God’s image. Where I am going is Heaven or Hell, God’s ultimate decision, but I must believe in Him and call Him Lord.
- Atheist: I came from slime, and the random interactions of zillions of billiard balls over billions of years in a process that apparently defies the Laws of Thermodynamics. Where I am going is worm food.
When did all this happen?
- Christian: God made the Universe and all that is in it, some time ago, we cannot know exactly when, because He controls all of space and time, and can make things today that appear as if they have been here for millions or billions of years.
- Atheist: We can only guess, there is no way of really knowing, since time is relative.
Why are we here?
- Christian: To take care of the garden (our planet, the earth, the plants and animals); to be fruitful and multiply; to know and love our creator God, and to bring Him glory.
- Atheist: No reason, no purpose.