Cheryl and I showed up last night at the El Segundo Public Library for the monthly meeting of California Republican Assembly, and we were pleased to discover that it had been scheduled as a “Town Hall” meeting with Craig Huey! Craig is our local Tea Party candidate running for Congressional District 36 in the runoff election next month (July 12) against Janice Hahn.
There were several interesting points in the discussion.
1. Craig had scheduled a “debate” with Ms. Hahn last week that she cancelled.
2. Craig had his “points of discussion” very well organized, and his material was very thorough and the research was excellent.
3. Craig has written a book (I’m going to try to find it) on economics.
4. The scariest part of all the “Obamanomics” that is going on is the proposed budget and the new “creative” ways the liberals are using to patch up gaps in spending. They are planning to take away tax-deductions for charitable gifts, and 401k and IRA deductions. Gads! First, President Obama gets a little, then he wants it all! Is this guy really trying to ruin our country?
5. President Obama was pressing hard for an Internet “Kill switch.” Know what that is? Think Egypt and Syria and Tunisia, and CHINA! Big brother wants to be able to turn your internet OFF! Did you hear that?
6. Craig wants us to reign in the Federal Reserve. Fiscal policies are just not working and that organization is out of control.
7. Real inflation and real unemployment are much much higher than the government reports (can I get a “DUH!”)
8. The Real Estate melt down crisis shows no signs of averting anytime soon. Prices have slid 33% nationwide, more than at any time in recorded history – including the Great Depression!
I’m going to email Huey HQ and see if they’ll post that presentation that Craig had – it should be well worth the effort of going through again.